35 West Wacker is designed to minimize the risk of a general power failure resulting from causes within the building. Typically, should a power failure occur, it will affect either an isolated area of the building or some larger portion of the surrounding geographic area. In the case of a full building power outage, the building is equipped with an emergency back-up generator that will allow for a safe building evacuation. If an electrical failure does occur, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Contact the Management Office - 312.964.9130
- Open draperies and blinds to let in outside light. If there is adequate lighting from windows, continue performing assignments as well as possible.
- If you are instructed to evacuate, lock all areas if possible.
- Do not congregate in lobby areas or in the street.
- If you are trapped in an elevator during a power failure, wait for assistance. Your elevator will momentarily cease operation, but WILL NOT FALL. Do not force open the doors or try to escape through the roof hatch. DO NOT PANIC. The emergency generator will allow for one elevator at a time, in each elevator bank, to return to the lobby level where you can safely exit.
- The Management Office will attempt to advise you regarding the length and cause of the power failure as soon as possible.
- Tenants must not use candles.